How can design drive the circular economy
08 Jun 2023
An expert panel will discuss the role of built environment design in nudging the economic needle from ‘take-make-waste’ to ‘circular’ and resource efficient. They will tackle questions such as:
- How can specifiers stimulate a market for repurposed buildings, elements and materials?
- Are there any examples of circular design approaches that can be scaled now across the UK?
- How does the RIBA Plan of Work help or hinder circular outcomes at both the macro and micro scale?
- What unintended consequences could emerge from a design philosophy which strives to create market demand for existing materials?
- Should ‘resource efficiency’ be the designers’ golden rule?